Jeff Lucas – Faith in the Fog
We are very excited to tell you that Bromsgrove Baptist Church have been asked to host an event at the church on Thursday 19th November, called “Faith in the Fog”. It will be delivered by Jeff and Kay Lucas and the Searchlight Theatre Company.
The explanation of the evening given by the theatre company reads: “An unforgettable evening of honest, poignant teaching, theatre, music and mirth with award winning speaker and author Jeff Lucas. The evening is strongly biblical and profoundly hopeful, encouraging believers to trust God through times of struggle and mystery, and celebrating faithful endurance for Christ. It centres around the beautiful, restorative breakfast that Jesus shared with his friends on the beach (John 21). Using live theatre woven throughout, the evening explores a number of key questions that all Christians face:
– How can I keep believing when I feel overwhelmed by doubt?
– Why is the local church, and our place in its community, so vital?
– Is there a way forward after failure?
– How do I continue to stay strong when I’ve been a Christian for a number of years?
– Have we at times portrayed Christ – and Christianity – in a way that actually creates some of the fog?
– What does it really mean to love God?
– How can we navigate through seasons of suffering with faith but also common sense?
The evening is primarily for Christians, but will certainly be accessible for people on the edges of faith or those who have none, although it is not primarily evangelistic in focus. Our purpose is to bring a multi-faceted message of hope and authenticity to bring strength to believers and to the local church.”